What to wear with slip on shoes
So, we’ve established what’s hot in the world of slip on shoes, now we need an outfit worthy of wearing with them. Here are some style tips on how to style slip on shoes right now and throughout the year:
- Summer calling: Espadrilles are a summer staple, and thus need to be included in at least one of your outfits this year. But how do you style them? If you are looking for sophistication, espadrilles make a perfect foil for the classic jumpsuit – and best of all, it’s such an easy outfit. These summertime wonders also work well with denim shorts. If the weather is a little on the chilly side, add your favourite sweater into the mix for a comfortable, casual look.
- Office ready: Before working your slip on loafers into an office outfit, be aware of the company dress code beforehand. The perfect accomplice to a pair of slip on shoes is a knee length skirt. Add in a crew neck sweatshirt and you’ve got a boardroom-ready style that won’t look out of place during happy hour either! If the weather isn’t great, try adding some leggings or pantyhose to your skirt for added comfort and warmth.
- Urban vibes: The simplest way to style the slip on is to match them with an urban-chic outfit. Try a pair of your favourite skinny jeans, add a plain white tee, and finish off the outfit with an edgy leather jacket. If that’s not channelling your inner rock goddess, we don’t know what is! The great thing about this outfit is that you can mix in match with other wardrobe staples too. For instance, change the jeans to a pair of leather look leggings and instead of the tee and jacket, add a patterned top and statement coat.
- Back in black: Slip-ons can be worn in many ways, but one of the simplest and strongest looks is a completely monochromatic ensemble. Simply pair a skirt and blouse with black slip on shoes and engross yourself in an updated berlin-esque outfit – perfect for updating your insta with street snapshots. Well... that's what we'd do anyway!
- Forget hipster, it’s all about the prepster!: A preppy outfit is a great way to bring out your inner tomboy while dressing comfortably and fashionably. Make use of style staples such as beige trousers. Pair the trousers with an elegant blazer and a button-down shirt and then slip on a pair of moccasins as the finishing touch. Another excellent way of working the preppy look is wearing your shoes with a belted shirt dress. Finish off the look with a floppy fedora and you are ready to rock the country club in style!
How to clean slip on shoes
Unlike most trainers, the slip on shoes are a little simpler to clean because they do not require the laces to be cleaned. However, you should take the style and fabrics into consideration. For classic leather styles, clean with equal parts water and white vinegar. If your shoes are canvas or feature a bast (woven string) sole, the toothbrush is your biggest ally! Using equal parts baking soda and water, lightly scrub the shoe in a circular motion and then wash away the remaining residue with a splash of cold water.
Where can I buy slip on trainers and shoes?
At Lesara, we have a host of stylish slip on shoes for women. Our selection comes in a variety of inspiring colours, fabrics and prints that brings convenience, comfort and style to your look. Looking for the perfect way to kick back and relax on a long summer day? Browse our online shop and look forward to exceptional offers, discounts and a smooth shopping experience.