What sweatshirts are in style in 2018?
We all know how unpredictable weather can be: hot, cold and everything in between! Therefore, it’s mandatory to keep a staple sweatshirt in your wardrobe that can act as a backup when you need the comfiest outfit. But we also don’t want you to miss out on the latest styles. So, take a pen and paper (or a smartphone for that matter) and jot down these fabulous new sweater trends all set to hit the streets this year:
- Go cropped or go home: Although crop sweaters have been around for a while now, they’ve turned out to be particularly hard to get over! Cropped lengths lend a lovely touch to your outfit and go so well with skinny jeans. You can even match it with a skirt and leggings when the weather isn’t favourable.
- Print is in: Whatever the occasion, prints will always make an impact. With the summer season approaching, the choice of bright and cheerful prints is vast, with floral styles playing the largest role on the catwalk. Our tip: Combine allover floral prints with solid colours and let the flower power take control!
- Sweater dresses: A modern classic, the sweater dress is the ultimate office wear alternative. Simply add leggings and heels, and you have an outfit to rule the boardroom.
- Add a turtleneck: The turtleneck sweater is back with a bang this year. Although more effective in the winter months, it’s a handy option when the summer arrives with its customary showers. A great match with skirts and leggings, and not a bad match with denim either.
- Embellishments add sparkle: For the fancy ladies out there, why not add a little glam to your casual wear? Sweaters form the perfect base for details such as rhinestones, embroidery, beads, pearls and more. Embellished styles are a great option for when you want to look all party-prepped and want to feel warm and comfy at the same time.
How should they be styled?
Okay, so we’ve established what’s hot in the sweater world, but now we have to incorporate this staple into a well-balanced outfit. Follow these simple rules, and you’ll have a look to die for:
- Office ready outfit: Tuck in a fitted black sweater with a midi skirt for a polished look. Ankle boots are a definite go-to with this look. Try experimenting with colours and textures such as velvet, which are so unique and fun, and really add a special touch to the outfit.
- Larger than life street wear: Pairing an oversize sweater with a mini skirt or leggings just simply works. If you are feeling a little lazy during the weekend, this outfit is the best option if you're late meeting friends and need something quick and classy to throw on.
- The thigh’s the limit: Thigh-high suede boots are a great accessory to match with a V-neck sweater, because they complement each other so well. The boots extend the legs and give that extra touch of allure, while the classic garment ensures the look is not over the top.
- Low top trainers rule: These shoes are just meant to be worn with sweatshirts. Complete with a pair of leggings and a hat for a comfortable, casual look.
Where to buy women’s sweatshirts online
You've got the knowledge, now you need a wardrobe to match! From longline & oversize cuts, to cable knit and cropped styles, whatever your preferences, we have a large assortment of tops for you to choose from. Check out our online shop and discover the latest sweatshirts for women, at the click of a button on Lesara!