Christmas outfits for ladies
Looking for an outfit that will steal the show this Christmas, girls? Here are 5 cute outfit ideas that we think you might love:
- Womens Christmas jumpers: When the weather starts to get a little colder, it can only mean one thing – it’s time to pull out the Christmas jumper for its annual appearance! One thing to consider is the colour scheme of your jumper. It is important to match your accessories to your jumper. Work with skinny black jeans and boots or trainers for an easy to wear daytime outfit. Layer it up with a hat, scarf, and overcoat if you have to go outside.
- Keep it cute & simple: Layering is always a good idea when the cold weather starts to draw in. Teaming up a pastel classic pea coat with a cable knit jumper (with a Christmas pattern, of course) affords you a sophisticated look that is both warm and stylish in equal measures. Match your gloves to your look and throw in a statement necklace and you have a wintery look that you could totally wear on Christmas day.
- White & red: There are only two colours to have in mind on a cold winter's day - white and red! Okay so it may be a cliché but white and red is such a classic winter combo. Go for a red Christmas dress and pair it will an overcoat and hat. Or if you're not a dress fan, pair red trousers with a fitted white shirt.
- Gold midi skirt: The Yuletide is the perfect season to rock your favourite skirt. And when your skirts are as dazzling as a golden midi skirt, you should be looking for any excuse to wear it! The theme should be simplicity. Combine your skirt with a simple black top and shoes. The finishing touch? A chunky necklace.
- Remember to keep warm: Above all else, you need to make sure that you’re wrapping up nice and warm for the impending winter freezathon. Layering up is a great way of achieving this. A timeless staple for this time for the year is the trusty parka. Not only is it crafted from warm textures, it comes with the typical faux fur hood, which comes in handy when you have to beat the freeze. Team it up with snug boots, your favourite sweater and warm accessories such as a hat, scarf and gloves.
Outfits per occasion
Okay, so we've talked about what's trending at the moment. But sometimes you just need something practical for the unnaturally high concentration of social events you'll be going to doing during the festive season. If you are still struggling, check out these handy tips below:
- Work drinks: Sometimes the smallest things can take an everyday outfit up a level, and earrings are especially convenient for tackling the endless strings of desk-to-dinner dates. Shoulder-grazing pairs add sparkle to simple blouses. For the shoes, we'd recommend going for an elegant pair of ballet flats that can take you through the day with ease. For boys keep it simple. Try pairing one of your favourite Christmas shirts with jeans and desert boots.
- Christmas shopping: Practicality is key when you're preparing to haul your Christmas presents. Wrap up in a woollen cable knit jumper and a cosy faux fur parka. Need shoes? Opt for sporty trainers or chunky boots. For the boys, go for a hoodie, gilet and trainers or boots combination.
- Christmas party: A key staple for any party goer is a jazzy mini dress. The high street is full of smart and sophisticated above the knee length dresses. Once you've ordered yours, accessorise with your favourite bling, but keep it elegant! For the boys, black tie attire should be the preferred choice. Opt for a simple 3-piece suit and combine it with polished shoes and some blingy accessories.
- Carol singing: Whether you're standing in an old church or on your neighbour's porch, belting out the carols can be a cold experience if you aren't wrapped up sufficiently. Go for a warm trench coat and combine it with a beanie (or beret if you are feeling classy). Solid comfortable shoes make an essential finishing touch. For the men, a large overcoat, sweater and boots are a great option. Finish the look with a scarf and hat and you are ready to go.
Christmas clothes that will keep you warm by the fire:
As the cold weather sets in, there's only one item of clothing you need to chill in by the fire. The onesie! Luckily for you, we have a wide range of festive styles for men and women. Browse our range and choose your fave!
Shop Christmas dresses and more in our online store!
You have the know-how, now you need a place to buy your Christmas outfit! Well, look no further than the Lesara online shop. We have dozens of festive styles for you to choose, from funny Christmas jumpers to onesies, Christmas dresses and much, much more. Don't forget to check out the rest of the store, where we have expert tips on gifts, decorations, and tons of information about events happening within the UK during the festive period.